Category: Public Landmark
Location: West College Street and North Central Avenue
This one-story Colonial Revival steel and brick structure was built in 1938 for the 108th Hospital, 103rd Medical Regiment of the Pennsylvania National Guard. It had its offices in the basement and a drill hall on the first floor, one of seven Pennsylvania armories with this configuration. Designed by local architect George W. Brugger, its cost of $85,548 was federally funded by the Public Works Administration. The building has also been used for community events including sports and dances.