Dager Wonsettler Farmstead
Category: Residential Landmark/Farmstead
Location: On Old National Road (now SR 40) near Glyde
This farmstead is comprised of a c. 1855 five-bay brick house, a c. 1820 log house and other support buildings, including a c. 1880 Pennsylvania bank barn. The main house has a center doorway with transom and sidelights protected by a full length porch with chamfered posts. There is a tripartite window centered above the main entry, which combine to show the house's Greek Revival influences.
The log house is a 20-foot square building standing on sandstone piers and covered with standing seam tin gable roof. Its log are hewn and steeple notched. A large cooking fireplace dominates the south wall of its interior. To its west side a mid-20th century stairway rises through an opening to a loft.
The vertical plank-sided banked barn measures about 20 by 35 feet and rests on a stone foundation in parts and wood posts on the side that contained straw. These buildings retain their importance as a working farmstead along the National Road. [p. 29 POP]