Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/washcola/public_html/includes/DG_CM.php on line 1193
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
P.O. Box 274
Washington, PA 15301
724-225-2350
_CLOAKING
Home

Landmark Registry

Friend, Phillip House

Friend, Phillip House
Category: Residential Landmark/Farmstead
Location: 105 Little Daniels Run Road

"Stonehill Farm" was settled by Philip Friend (Freund(en)) of Dutch Glory settlement connection. The Federal style central passage rough-cut stone house was built in 1807 by Pennsylvania German settlers who farmed the 399-acre tract that remained in the family until it was sold in 1925. The farmhouse was constructed as a five-bay vernacular house with seven-part keystone lintels surmounting the door and windows. It is surrounded by several significant outbuildings, including a Pennsylvania German 14' x 26' stone springhouse of the same era, an 1880 wash house and privy and a 60' x 66' barn with a 1940s silo. [p. 88 POP]

North Bethlehem Township
© 2017 Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
website design by Digital Greys